Born in Brooklyn, NY April 12, 1965.
Since 1995 I have been performing throughout North America
and in Japan, and Europe.
Main musical projects currently include:
- solo traditional and new music for shakuhachi
- The Space Between, a trio with Pauline Oliveros and Dana Reason
- Trio Natto with Shoko Hikage and Tim Perkis
- Duets with Chris Brown
- Trio with Joe McPhee and Davey Williams
- Trio with Jon Raskin and Philip Greenlief
- collaborations with dancer, Eri Majima
My traditional studies in shakuhachi are in the Meian Ryu, Kinko Ryu and
do-kyoku styles of shakuhachi. My shakuhachi teachers include: Kurahashi Yoshio, Ronnie Seldin and Dale Olsen.
I am currently teaching shakuhachi in the bay area to over a dozen students.
510 452 2568
Studied compostion briefly with Yuji Takahashi